Monday 7 January 2013

I Wish I could Undo Life

This time its a not-so-common topic but will still help you.
Enjoy reading it! :)


My Deepest Desire
“Oh! What a wonderful name you have, my darling....” This statement, made by my grandmother eons ago, never made sense to me. I never understood what she meant by a wonderful name. My mother told me that my name was very special. It meant desire. I had not taken it in then but now lying on my death bed, I realized what it meant. My deepest desire at this moment was to ‘Undo’ life. Just like Microsoft Word and Microsoft Paint has an Undo button and all the mistakes are cleared, I wish life had an ‘Undo’ button and I could erase all my mistakes and die with no regret.
In my life, I have made many mistakes. First and foremost, my biggest mistake was that I was over-ambitious. I was born in a small town of Gujarat and father had left me at a very young age only leaving a huge debt for my mother. From a very young age, life had taught me that the world with money. Without money, you are nothing. Due to this, my ambition was to become a huge businesswoman but I made a mistake. My ambition and passion got combined. I moved too fast. For my ambition, I dragged my best friend into this and lost him. We both no longer talk to each other. That – was the FIRST mistake of my life.
Life still went on. Due to my arrogant nature, I blamed him for the split between us. The business that we opened together was in a state of jeopardy. I, alone had to handle the entire business. I worked with a stride in my step and took the business to greater heights. I got lots of money and achieved great fame. I stood on the first step to success when my photo was published on the front page of The Times of India. Then, fame just came like Treat Candies at Halloween. I was among the top fifty business tycoons listed in the TIME Magazine. Reporters from all over the world came to interview me. It was too much for me to handle and I soon drifted away. I  started treating my family members as low-society, middle-class people and did not give them respect. Soon, I lost them too and was left all alone. That- was the SECOND mistake of my life.
Now, as I reflect upon life, I realize that all my mistakes  were the same. Never, did I care to wait and make errands. Now, I have everything but nothing. I am the girl who opened the Pandora’s box and just like the Gods, I too am clinging onto hope- Hope for FORGIVENESS.

2 comments:

  1. Nice one. I remember reading this on the Panaroma. :D Keep the great work up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is very simple an common topic in simple languages bu still help me a lot ...thanks for sharing

    Extempore Speech Topics For Class 10th

    ReplyDelete