Thursday 20 December 2012

Hey Guys!

So this blog is like a life-saver for students. Well all of us students, have to write essays. One of the major tasks for English Homework is writing an essay. Most of us, cringe at this homework and with great difficulty come up with a good essay. So well (coming back to the point) I am gonna post an essay on a weekly basis for all those students who have to brain-storm a lot to get points for an essay. Basically, these are essays on common topics that I have written in school.

Let's start with an easy topic. Today's topic is A Visit To The Dentist


'The sight of the main entrance to the clinic made me feel like vomiting. I did not wish to enter the room but the pain in my tooth forced me to do so. I slowed opened the door. A strong smell of medicines hit my nose. I cringed at the smell and saw a number of patients waiting for their turn. They were all in pain and nervous. I too felt scared but went to the receptionist and took my number. There was a long queue and my turn was at the end. I felt really bored looking at the long list of patients and wished to go back home but I waited. I picked up a magazine from the counter and randomly went through it. Slowly, I went through all the magazines.
The entire room was calm and I could hear the ticking of the clock. I had pangs of nervousness at the tick of every second. In order to distract myself, I started looking at the posters that were put up on the wall.  Most posters showed the condition of the teeth before and after the treatment,some showed about the growth of teeth. It seemed as though all posters were put to prevent the patients from boredom. Just then, a nurse came out and called my number. It finally was my turn. I got up and went to the surgery room. A big chair with a lamp on top, some pointed instruments and the smiling face of the dentist was all I could see in the dim and dull room. A felt scared and took small steps. The dentist told me to sit and gargle first. I did so and the examining began. The dentist looked at the tooth and said that I was suffering from a cavity which had to be filled immediately. He went to the other room and got a white coloured paste when he returned. He started drilling the tooth, then used a pointed gadget which hurt at the first touch. I cribbed in pain but the dentist did not stop. The finally after torturing me for a long time, he put the paste and filled up the cavity.
He then told me not to eat anything for the next three hours and brush twice everyday. I quickly listened to his instructions, paid the bill and rushed out of the clinic. I had decided never to visit the dentist henceforth.'  


Hope it helps! :)



1 comment: